susnigeria

Just another WordPress.com site

Still on Bio-fuels in Nigeria!

leave a comment »

Please read this “sweet-bitter” news first @: http://dlvr.it/13M2ZZ

To my surprise on the 3rd of January, 2012, the day I concluded my last article on the “Potentials for Bio-fuels in Nigeria” the Nigerian Federal Government signs N424billion bio-fuels electricity generating plant deal with “Global Biofuels” a supposed “indigenous” bio-fuel producer running a project with 70% of the funds from the “Chinese Government” while it’s still sourcing for the remaining 30% from private investors! How weird can things get?

Going back to the second to the last paragraph on the last article where I noted that:

‘’This aspect of the document indicates the vulnerability of the plan for bio-fuels to dangerous capitalists or let’s say capitalists without conscience . . . bio-fuel project is something that should give a lot of preference to social development with the strong objective to enhance energy independence and grass-root economic development in Nigeria”

Reading the last paragraph of this “sweet-bitter” news @ http://dlvr.it/13M2ZZ that states the Chinese Government’s role as the main funder of the bio-fuel project scares me and to a great extent confirms my fears. Also considering the desperation of the Chinese Government to solidify its leading position in the world economy, their track record and the vulnerabilities of Nigeria and Nigerians due to corruption, poverty and bad leadership. I think Nigerians need to start paying some attention!

Advertisements

Written by @SusNigeria

January 3, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Posted in Launch Note

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: